On This Page:
Moodle allows instructors to post materials, host online activities (such as discussions, quizzes, and assignment drop boxes), and manage student data and grades.
To request a Moodle course, log into SPIRE with your IT Account NetID and password. In the Menu, go to Faculty Home > Moodle Course Request. You will go through a series of pages that will gather information about your course.
For more details see Request a Moodle Course Through SPIRE.
A new Moodle course needs to be requested each semester that you teach a class. Once a new empty Moodle course shell has been created, you can use the Moodle Import feature to move content from the course you would like to reuse into the new course shell.
For more details see Reuse a Previous Moodle Course.
To learn more about Moodle, you can:
- Review our support documentation at: http://www.it.umass.edu/moodle
- Log into Moodle with your IT Account NetID and password.
- Attend a workshop. For current workshop offerings: https://etna.it.umass.edu/public/workshops
- Request a presentation for your department, program, or group (contact the Instructional Media Lab at email@example.com or 413-545-2823).
- Set up a one-on-one consultation with staff in the Instructional Media Lab (firstname.lastname@example.org | 413-545-2823).