Under the University's 2014 contract with Adobe, UMass Amherst departments, faculty and staff can obtain Adobe software at no additional cost for University-owned computers.
- UMass Amherst departments, faculty, and staff (regardless of union) can install Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe’s graphic and Web design software, and Adobe Acrobat on University-owned computers.
- Faculty and staff can install Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Acrobat on one University-owned computer only. All products must be installed on the same computer.
- Campus IT professionals who need to install Adobe Creative Cloud on multiple University-owned computers may request additional licenses. Please use this form again to update us on the number of computers using Adobe Creative Cloud and help us comply with the terms of our agreement with Adobe.
- The program does not extend to graduate or undergraduate students. Students who need to install Creative Cloud on University-owned computers should contact their supervisor, IT professional, or department chair.
- Previous eligibility criteria and restrictions no longer apply.
- Previous versions of Adobe software obtained through this program for University-owned computers continue to work through the end of December 2014. Software is available for download to those members of the University community who already have a product key.
- Your use of the software available through this program is subject to Adobe's End-User License Agreement (EULA). According to this agreement, you are required to remove this software from all University-owned computers if the University does not renew its agreement with Adobe at the end of the contract period.
Adobe Creative Cloud
We recommend that you upgrade to Adobe Creative Cloud as soon as possible.
- The Creative Cloud products included in the University’s contract with Adobe may not be the same as in the commercial version of Adobe Creative Cloud. Product List | Product Descriptions & System Requirements
- There is no subscription required for Creative Cloud products obtained through Adobe Campus Agreement for University-owned Computers.
Adobe Creative Suite 6 (CS6) Web & Design Premium
- Acrobat X Professional, Dreamweaver CS6, Fireworks CS6, Flash CS6 Professional, Illustrator CS6, InDesign CS6, Photoshop CS6 Extended.
- Adobe CS6 is available for download only if you already have a product key. Download the software from the My Products page.
Step 1: Choose Adobe Software
Go to the Adobe Campus Agreement for University-owned Computers page and log in with your NetID password. Check the Adobe Web site for product descriptions and system requirements before you download. Under Product Downloads, choose Windows or Macintosh.
Step 2: Review Licensing Terms
Read and agree to the Adobe Campus Agreement Enterprise User License Agreement. You will receive a confirmation email with installation instructions at your preferred email address listed in SPIRE.
Step 3: Download & Install Software
If applicable, please consult with IT staff in your department before installing software on a work computer. You must install all Adobe products on the same University-owned computer.
Windows users: Be sure to download and install Adobe Acrobat before any other package.
- On the Software Downloads page, click Download. You may return to My Products to download the remaining packages. Note: Except Acrobat, it may take an hour or longer for a package to download to your computer.
Once the download is complete, run the automated installer.
- You do not need an activation key or an Adobe ID to complete the installation process.
- You may be prompted for your computer's Administrator user name and password.
- Depending on your computer, Internet connection, and the package you are installing, the installation process may take several hours. Please plan accordingly.
- Open any of the software included in your package. There is no subscription required for Creative Cloud products obtained through Adobe Campus Agreement for University-owned Computers.