The FERPA Privacy Waiver is limited to two categories of information: financial and housing. This page explains exactly what you are disclosing when selecting these categories on the Add/Edit Designees page in SPIRE.
Note: Under this Waiver, University staff cannot discuss academic information (e.g., your grades) with your designees. Learn more about the FERPA Privacy Waiver and your academic records
Financial Aid Services & Bursar Information
Information in this category includes, but is not limited to:
- Your bursar account balance, charges, debits, credits, and payments appearing on your account. Past due amounts and/or collection activity, payment plans, third party sponsorship, and 1098T information.
- Pending or previous financial aid awards (including types and amounts), financial aid application data, processing status, eligibility, or disbursements.
- Tuition and fee waivers, scholarship or sponsorship awards, refund or excess amounts, and their processing status.
- University-maintained loan disbursements, loan billing and repayment history (including eligibility).
- Health insurance waiver status.
- Approved academic load (full- or part-time status only), withdrawal dates.
- Questions regarding related service indicators.
- Questions regarding a student’s financial aid or financial account record, including the student’s communication history with the Office of the Bursar and the Financial Aid Office.
Note: This category does not include UCard, employment records, registration, or other academic records.
Office of the Bursar (http://www.umass.edu/bursar/)
Financial Aid Office (http://www.umass.edu/umfa/)
Information in this category includes, but it is not limited to:
- Your current and future housing assignments, and directory information.
- On-campus housing requirements, preferences, eligibility, obligations, fees, and refunds, as governed by the Residence Hall Contract.
Contact: Housing Services (http://www.housing.umass.edu/)