UDrive's bookmarking and subscribing features let you quickly reach and keep track of files and folders you use often. You can bookmark or subscribe to files or folders that have been shared with you or to those in your own UDrive account.
Links that let you bookmark or subscribe to a file or folder are provided in the email that is sent from UDrive when a file or folder is shared.
Bookmark a File or Folder
Bookmarking a file or folder creates a direct link to it in your UDrive Bookmarks and Saved Searches menu. Creating a bookmark is an easy way to access content someone has shared with you.
- In UDrive, right-click the file or folder you wish to bookmark, and from the drop-down menu, click New Bookmark.
- In the New Bookmark window, in the Bookmark Name field, enter a name for your bookmark (the filename appears by default), then click OK. You will return to the main UDrive screen, where a success message will appear near the top.
- To see a list of your bookmarked folders or files, click Bookmarks at top left. Click an item on the list to open the appropriate file or folder. Click Manage Bookmarks to delete bookmarks or edit their names.
Subscribe to a File or Folder
Subscribing to a file or folder lets you keep track of when that file or folder is viewed or modified. UDrive lets you determine what kind of activity is monitored and will email you whenever this type of activity occurs.
- Right-click the file or folder you wish to subscribe to, and from the drop-down menu, click Subscribe. The Subscriptions for window will open.
In the Subscriptions for window, next to Notify Me When, select your desired level of notification:
- To get an email when a file or folder is modified, select the check box next to The file is edited.
- To get an email when a file or folder is viewed or opened, select the check box next to The file is viewed.
- To get an email when a comment is created for a file or folder, select the check box next to The file's comments are edited.
- Next to Frequency, choose Daily to receive notification messages in a daily email or choose Immediately to get an email whenever a change occurs.
In the Subscriptions for window, next to Report Frequency, select how often you want to be notified:
- To receive notification messages in a daily email, choose Daily.
- To get an email whenever a change occurs, choose Immediately.
In the Subscriptions for window, next to Expires, select when you want the subscription to expire:
- To set your subscription to never expire, choose Never Expire.
- To set your subscription to expire on a specific date, choose On and manually enter a date in the date field, or click the calendar icon and select a date from the Calendar window.
- Click OK. You will return to the main UDrive screen, where a success message will appear at top.
- To see a list of your subscriptions, click the Reports & Tools tab, then click My Subscriptions. To unsubscribe from a file or folder, select the check box next to its name and click Unsubscribe (top left).