You have the option of including a religious preference in SPIRE. Religious preference information is used to notify students about events sponsored by religious organizations on campus. It is not released to any other organization or individual.
- You are not required to enter a Religious Preference in SPIRE. Adding or not adding this information will not impact your student status at UMass Amherst.
- By entering this information, you give permission for it (along with any publicly releasable directory information) to be shared with Religious Organizations and Advisors that are recognized by the University. Further information can be found at the Religious and Spiritual Life Web site.
- If you no longer wish to have your information shared, remove your preference by selecting the blank option from the drop-down list and then click Save.
To add a Religious Preference in SPIRE:
- In the SPIRE Menu, go to My Personal Information > Religious Preference. The Religious Preference page opens.
On the Religious Preference page:
- From the Religious Preference drop-down list, select an affiliation. Choose Other if your affiliation does not appear on this list.
- Click Save. SPIRE will save your information.